10 Home Remedies for Colitis
Inflammation of the large intestine or colon causes many physical ailments and diminishes the quality of life for people who have it.
1. – Aloe Vera: The juice of this plant helps heal the lining of the colon
2-. – Flaxseed: Put to soak flax seeds in a cup of water overnight. The next day, strain the drink and take it in the morning.
3. – Carrot: The juice of this vegetable is an excellent home remedy for colitis, due to its anti-inflammatory action. Try to have this food in your refrigerator, which will help to strengthen your immune system.
4- Apple and papaya: These fruits help relieve colitis. Blend two large slices of papaya, lemon juice and a glass of natural apple juice. Drink immediately and preferably before breakfast.
5. – Chamomile tea: This flower is an excellent anti-inflammatory, making it an ideal remedy for colitis. In a saucepan bring to a boil one manzanilla branches and bring to a boil. Serve in a cup and sweeten with honey.
6. – Apple Cider Vinegar: Soak a cloth in apple cider vinegar and put it on the abdomen. Cover with plastic and let sit for four hours.
7. – Castor oil: Soak clean flannel with castor oil and apply on the abdomen. Cover with a cloth and a plastic, and place a hot water bottle on top. Leave for an hour or two. Repeat as often as necessary.
8. – Acupressure: With your thumb press the point located between the index finger and thumb. Also press the point located in the abdomen just below the navel. Keep the pressure on these three points for three minutes.
9. – Epsom salts: Mix two cups of Epsom salts in two cups of water. He wet a flannel with it and put it on the abdomen. Place a hot water bottle over and Delaja for three or four hours.
10. – Licorice Root: It has antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties of the gastric mucosa. Helps prevent bloating and prevent cramping. Put a tablespoon of dried root and tritúrala in a glass of water. Take two teaspoons a day of infusion.
Experts recommend that you see a doctor for any discomfort, because these home remedies for colitis, only work as a complement to medical treatment.
Furthermore, it is necessary to review your consumption of folate, because many patients with colitis have a deficiency. Avoid drinking coffee, cigar, spicy food and soft drinks.
Make an activity you bring pleasure, to reduce levels of anxiety and stress, which are the main triggers of colitis.