What is it and what are its types?
Diabetes mellitus or diabetes results from the body’s inability to produce or use insulin appears. Insulin is a substance produced in the body by the pancreas gland, causing blood sugar to be used, and the main source of energy in the body.
How to control your diabetes?
You can diet, regular exercise and maintaining an ideal weight for the right to choose a good control of blood sugar.
Maintenance of normal levels of blood lipids and blood pressure helps. The number of people with diabetes to control blood sugar, according to the doctor or taking oral blood glucose lowering insulin requirements.
Blood sugar control diet + exercise = true
How to eat properly?
Using the Food Guide Pyramid to help you eat a variety of foods for proper nutrition. When a variety of foods, vitamins and minerals that your body needs to eat.
Try each day from each food group listed below, use the pyramid.
Starch include breads, cereals, legumes, starchy vegetables are all kinds of pastes. Starch can be used at any meal. You may have heard that people with diabetes should not eat starch, but keep in mind that these recommendations have not been implemented so far. Eat Starch is essential to the health of any person.
Carbohydrates number of units depends on several conditions:
• required calories
• Diabetes treatment plan.
Starch consumption of energy, vitamins, minerals and fiber. Whole grains are better than others, because the minerals, vitamins and fiber in the body.
Fiber in plant foods is not absorbed part of the intestine helps to function properly.
The best way to buy, cook and eat starch?
• Try whole-wheat bread (bread, barley bread, etc.) may be made.
• Try fat and fried like potato chips, corn starch, potato chips, cookies, biscuits, and … Eat less.
• Low-fat or non-fat yogurt and milk can provide.
• Use mustard instead of mayonnaise or lemon juice.
• Try to choose foods low in fat or fat-free varieties it
• Instead of using butter, oil or margarine, vegetable oils (sunflower, corn, etc.).
• As far as possible, sweets, chocolate, jelly, candy and food to try, all of which are made from simple sugars can not use.
Vegetables is beneficial for all people. Try to use raw and cooked vegetables per day.
Vegetables provide vitamins, minerals and fiber your body. Energy produced from vegetable consumption is very low.
Number of servings of vegetables you eat during the day depends on the following factors:
• The amount of energy required
• Blood Sugar
The most important way for shopping, cooking and eating vegetables?
• Try vegetables raw or cooked and use nonfat or low-fat. You can cook vegetables without fat.
• Try low-fat or fat-free salad dressings for salads or vegetables.
• use of onions and garlic in the food.
• verjuice or lemon juice instead of salad dressing.
• During cooking a piece of meat or chicken with vegetables to add.
• It is best to cook vegetables quickly and try to boil them in a little boiling water.
• If you have fry in liquid vegetable oils such as olive, corn or sunflower uses consumption is lower.
• Try not add vegetables cooked in butter or margarine.
• If you need to use a salad dressing with low fat yogurt or lemon juice to make the sauce, you can use a straw.
Fruit consumption is for everyone. Energy consumption of fruits, vitamins (C, A), minerals and fiber that your body makes. During the day you eat of the fruit of the Units on the following factors:
• required calories
• Blood Sugar
You may use 1 or 2 servings of fruit per day may be required. If more than one serving of fruit should be eaten throughout the day, try to use different kinds of fruit.
What is important is the observation that eat fruit?
• Try to eat raw fruit.
• Dried fruits (dried fruit) in the form of large amounts of sugar is compact, so it should be small.
• Grapes contain a lot of sugar that you use too much it can affect your blood sugar again.
• When shopping, try to choose a smaller fruit.
• eating a whole fruit is better than fruit juice.
• Try to water, fruit juices without added sugar using completely natural.
• prepare desserts that do not use sugar and fat.
• Also, in order to prevent constipation and other gastrointestinal side effects that may try to eat fruit with skin.
Use skim milk or low fat yogurt is essential for the health of all people. Energy production and consumption of milk, yogurt, calcium absorption, vitamin A, protein and other vitamins and minerals.
Every day, skim milk or low-fat yogurt, low-fat or fat-free drinks and food.
Consumption of dairy products to the following conditions:
• The amount of energy required
• Blood Glucose
Note: If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, 5-4 units daily milk and eat yogurt.
Protein foods include meat, poultry (chicken, turkey, etc.), fish, eggs and cheese.
Every day is a small amount of material daily.
Daily intake of protein to repair and build muscle tissue and vitamins B6 and B12 can help the cause and minerals (iron, etc.).
The best way to buy, cook and eat protein?
• Try to buy lean meat.
• chicken skin is high in fat, remove the skin before cooking.
• Try to cook your meat without adding fat.
• Instead of frying eggs, boiled with their skin.
• To give more flavor to the food verjuice, lemon juice, tomato sauce and .. To use.
• Meat products such as sausage, salami and ham are high in fat, so taking them to a minimum.
• Try to eat more fish instead of frying fish, as it boiled, steamed or grilled used.
Oils and fats:
As you have the pyramid food pyramid oils and fats at the top. Need to minimize their use. Some fats and oils, saturated fat and cholesterol, which is harmful to health. The frequency of consumption of these foods in your body generates energy but few nutrients your body sends. Fatty foods such as butter, margarine, salad dressing, oil, mayonnaise, cream, cream, potato chips and … Are.
What foods contain sugar?
As you can see, sugar (soda, juice, jam, sugar, honey, candy, chocolate) are placed on top, so you can get a very small amount of material (Do not use where possible) use. This drug may also produce energy, but not any nutrients to the body. Some sugars such as cakes, desserts and baked goods can be a lot of fat. Low consumption of these materials also helps to reduce weight and also helps control your blood sugar. It should be noted that sugar causes blood sugar to rise quickly.
A few important points:
• Try all the food groups every day.
• Try to eat a variety of food, minerals and vitamins in sufficient quantities to reach your body.
• enough starch, vegetables, yogurt, and milk.
• Daily use of protein as well.
• At each meal you should try to use a minimum of 3 different food groups, for example, where an egg sandwich, tomato, lettuce and parsley are used.
• Daily food that you eat 3 main meals and 3 snacks to share.
• Eating regularly is very effective in regulating blood sugar levels, especially if you are taking tablets or insulin.
• Incorporate plenty of fruits and vegetables in your daily diet to forget.
• Use less salt when cooking, after cooking, try adding salt to food.
• Use herbs and spices to flavor food without salt.
• During the process of canned foods that are adding to eat less salt.
• Limit consumption of eggs weekly (up to 2 times per week)
• When the oil in the pan, pour no oil.
• 8-6 cups of fluid a day without eating sweets.
• Try to maintain your ideal weight.
• nuts, walnuts, almonds and … Fat located in each unit is equal to 2 tablespoons.
Endocrinology Metabolism Research Center, Tehran University