1) Anti-Cancer :
Garlic helps to prevent cancer , especially of the digestive system , prevents certain tumors grow larger and reduces the size of certain tumors .
This remarkable little bulb now tops the list of the American National Cancer Institute cancer prevention potential food . Contains several anticancer compounds and antioxidants , with more than 30 at last count , these powerful compounds such as germanium quercetin, diallyl sulfide , Allin and ajoene . They have the ability to block cancer causing agents such as nitrosamines and aflatoxins which have been specifically linked to the stomach , lung , liver and included in their daily diet garlic had a lower risk of colon cancer .
* The Ajoene garlic and allicin have also shown that retard cancer cells as a type of ” Natural Chemotherapy ”
Meat cooked at high temperatures ** ( well done to burnt ) can produce carcinogenic ( cancer-causing ) chemicals and research has recently discovered that when meat is cooked with garlic this effect is limited
2) Natural Detox :
Garlic may help to remove heavy metals such as lead and mercury from the body .
3) to stimulate the immune system :
This is a surprisingly good source of vitamins C , B6 and minerals selenium and manganese all of which have been associated with increased immune system , as well as other benefits.
4) powerful natural antibiotic :
This natural antibiotic is effective against toxic bacteria , viruses and fungi . Garlic helps strengthen the body’s defenses against allergies ; Raw garlic is a powerful natural antibiotic that works differently than modern antibiotics and kills some strains of bacteria, like staph , that have become immune or resistant to modern antibiotics .
5) Garlic also acts as a good cold medication , decongestant and expectorant : Garlic is an invaluable medicine for asthma , hoarseness , cough, difficulty breathing, and most disorders of the lungs , with the particular virtue , in chronic bronchitis , on account of its powers of promoting expectoration.
6) reduce LDL cholesterol ( the bad kind )
7) The garlic helps to prevent arteriosclerosis and thereby reduces the risk of heart attack or stroke
Garlic helps to prevent blood clots , thus reducing the possibility of strokes and thromboses ( hemophiliacs should not use garlic. )
9) The garlic helps reduce atherosclerotic buildup (plaque) in the arterial system
10) The low or garlic helps regulate blood sugar.
11) Garlic has anti – fungal and anti -viral .
Garlic lowers drastically fungal infections due to Candida species .
12) Garlic also promotes increased bile production to help reduce levels of fat in the liver.
13 ) Promotes weight control :
Allicin is the most potent substance found in garlic and this has been shown to not only reduce blood pressure , insulin levels and triglyceride levels in animals fed a diet rich in sugar, but also to prevent the weight gain.
14 ) Garlic can thin the blood similar to the effect of aspirin.
15 ) Garlic include protein , potassium, vitamins A, B , B2 and C, calcium , zinc and others.
NOTE : * Drink lemon juice or eat a few slices of lemon will stop garlic breath Bad